People are asking me what I want for Christmas. How very kind and generous! For anyone who isn’t aware, I keep an ongoing list at kaboodle.com and I have finally (to Mandy’s delight, I hope) moved the sold-out or discontinued items under a separate heading.
But there are things that don’t fit neatly into an online shopping list. Such as:
– I would like steady contract work, or, barring that…
– A very large sum of no-strings-attached money paired with unsteady contract work
– Many, many months ago, I found a pair of â€™50s or â€™60s bronze glitter pumps at Boss Vintage, my favorite reseller here in Denver. The shoes are barely, but definitely, too small. More recently, I spotted a similar pair at Femme Fatale Vintage, but those are also too small. I would like a pair in my size.
– I absolutely love my gold De Weese swimsuit, but I’ve worn it to the annual Tiki Pool Party two years in a row, and it needs a rest. However, how do you “top” a metallic swimsuit embellished with embroidery and rhinestones? I need something fabulous, yet swimable (nothing in velvet, for instance). And, of course, in my size.
– I would be SO HAPPY if my car was the color it is supposed to be. Stealth Gray Pearl (RP24P).
– My car’s antenna is of the power variety. The motor still works, but the mast wore out and then the antenna snapped off a few years ago. This can make listening to the car radio a bit… frustrating. An aftermarket antenna/mast kit is about $55, but I’ve looked up how to replace it and I think it’s beyond my limited skill set. Not to mention my tool set.
– I have what could be considered an obscene number of shoes (although still far fewer than Megan, thankyouverymuch) and desperately lack the shelving required to store them all.
– Some of you know that I have developed a small collection of tiki mugs. I don’t collect for rarity or value, and I don’t know anything about the few mugs that I have. I just like how they look. I hope to someday have space for little tiki bar and a few display shelves. In the meantime, I’m always on the lookout for more mugs.
– While it’s true that I actually enjoy cheese-in-a-can, for the most part I have a more refined palate. More refined than, say, my budget. Please know that washed-rind cheeses, macarons, springerle, and other fancy foodstuffs are always appreciated. Heck, I’d even appreciate a can of Easy Cheese. Mmmm, snacky!
– A MaxLifeâ„¢ oil change at Valvoline runs about $50 these days, I think. I’m just saying. I know, it’s no fun whatsoever.
Now, how about YOU guys? Whaddya want for Christmas this year?